The IoT (internet of things) and a significant penetration of smartphones around the world have paced up e-commerce activities. As a matter of fact, more and more websites are building responsive designs with a view to grab a pie of the ever increasing market. As such, no business today is immune from the onslaught of the worldwide competition. All these put together construes that you need SEO consultants to take your business to the next level. But, the million dollar question is how to select them.
Key areas of hiring SEO consultants:
- Understanding the brand: Your partner for the SEO must offer to understand your brand first. Having said that, we mean, the partner should begin with analysing your current state of affairs in the business before it comes up with a recommendation for implementation to improve your business.
Sarcastically, some SEO consultants recommend a plan of action without an in-depth understanding of the core business values and the constraint therein at the moment. Such an act resembles with the act of prescribing a medicine to a patient without a thorough check on him/her. Unless the check precedes the prescription, the patient might die out of the wrong medicine. So goes with your business. This is true especially with the understanding that like the five fingers of your hand, every business is unique for some reasons or the other.
- Value proposition: Check how your SEO partner proposes to bring value to your business. Having said that, we mean, there is no uniform practice here. Therefore, a value proposition must fall in line with your business interests. For instance, a value proposition here may mean increased traffic to your site by some Y percent with a guaranteed conversion rate of X percent. This, in turn, will help you quantify what exactly you can expect from the partner. You will thus have a clear mindset on the correct appraisal parameters and the system. On the flip side, this value system will help you prune your investment here.
- Transparency: The SEO partner must let you know in advance about the things that it would be doing for your business. This will enhance collaboration and understanding between you and your partner. In the long-run, it will help you immensely to build a meaningful relationship in the best interest of your business.
- Customer service: An advance check on the customer service of the SEO consultants is important as you would by default need to be in touch with the consultants at some point in the business.
- Reputation: You should check both online and offline reputation of a partner before hiring. Rating on some review sites such as Google, Trustpilot, and Yelp will help here while family and friends work as the offline source.
While selecting a consultant for the SEO job, you must always have a clear mindset on what you are expecting from the consultant. Having said that, we mean, you must be able to quantify your expectation in terms the return on investment (ROI). Else, your entire exercise here will become futile.