Very often above the line marketing activity seems to take place in separation from internet marketing and SEO. If you use a company for your search engine optimization services then they need to be involved in any outside marketing that takes place. If this doesn’t happen then brand awareness can be jeopardised on the internet leading to a lack of synergy. To gain maximum exposure for the brand you need to integrate all marketing campaigns into your SEO marketing. Here is how it should ideally be done:
1. Always keep your SEO services company informed of any new marketing initiatives that may be in the pipeline. Website optimisation become difficult is there is no communication. Your SEO services company need to have warning of new campaigns so they can accommodate this is a proactive way.
2. Supply your SEO services company with a copy of the campaign brief so that they are fully informed. This will give them a better knowledge of the campaign goals and will also provide the basis for brainstorming keyword possibilities.
3. If you don’t already have these set up, create Flickr and YouTube accounts. This may seem obvious but many brands fail to have their own branded YouTube account.
4. Set up a paid search campaign which will complement advert and brand terms as well as incorporating generic phrases. It can be difficult to target first positions for all keywords but to gain the best exposure possible tying PPC and above the line activity in together will be very effective.
5. Set up an area on the website for campaigns and ads and have targeted landing pages for paid search in addition to SEO. This again may seem an obvious step but you’d be surprised how many sites don’t have space for ad campaigns.
6. Keep other teams working on digital marketing briefed so that the relevant imagery is used across all affiliate and display marketing. This will maximise the campaign effectiveness from a digital point of view. To engrave a marketing campaign on the minds of customers display creatives should match any TV ads.
7. Launching the campaign may coincide with the first TV ad, press release in newspapers or other. The post launch strategy should then kick in:
a. If video content is available add to YouTube linking to a tailored landing page with tracking set up
b. If image content is available upload to Flickr. For branding purposes watermark the images for universal search
c. Use optimization of images making the alt attributes descriptive
d. Using a tailored landing page embed the video/campaign
e. Go live with the paid search campaign
f. Broadcast the campaign through PR and social media channels
g. Keep the campaign page on the website
There is no need to remove older ads from YouTube and the website. If you have a great campaign it will continue to attract traffic for some years.
At www.searchengineoptimization.co.uk we offer a wide range of SEO services to clients ensuring their businesses rank optimally.