Writing a good CV does not come naturally for many people. What may be a good CV for one type of job may not be as good for another job you are applying for. In this way, it is always a good idea to have different CV templates on standby so you can send off the most appropriate and suitable CV for a particular vacancy you have seen advertised.
For those applying for roles in the creative industries such as a writing or advertising role vacancy, think about using CV templates that showcase your creativity and natural flair.
If you get the CV format and content right, you will be well on your way to landing a new job. That is all very well and good, but unless you are a HR or recruitment expert, how do you write the perfect CV?
• Make sure to include up-to-date personal details such as your email address, home address and contact telephone number. Do not take up precious space by including details such as religious orientation or your date of birth.
• Next list your educational details in reverse order- so include the details of the most recent course you completed first.
• Work experience usually comes next listing the details of your most recent or current job. For each role list your main achievements and responsibilities.
• If you have had a number of unrelated jobs it may be better to write a ‘functional CV.’ For each job you have had, list the key skills you acquired that may be related to the job you are applying for.
• Include a skills section to highlight IT, foreign language or any other achievement you have accomplished.
• Hobbies and interests section should be kept short and if possible and if genuine- try to relate it to the job you are applying for.
• A CV usually concludes with a referees section.
The Article is written by innovatecv.com providing cv templates and online cv Services. Visit http://www.innovatecv.com for more information on innovatecv.com Products & Services
This article is free for reproduction but must be reproduced in its entirety, including live links & this copyright statement must be included. Visit innovatecv.com for more services!