Typically the last three letters of an Internet address represent the domain or particular section of the Internet. Major domain suffixes are listed below: .edu – Educational Institutions; .gov – US Government; .com – Commercial (business); .net – Network Infrastructure Organizations; .org – Non-profit Organizations; .mil – military organizations and country codes such as .ca for Canada, .fr for France, and .jp for Japan.
Whatever business you are in, an Internet address or domain name registration is crucial for the future of your business. Imagine how often your company name, your address, your telephone number and your overall identity is used and referred to today and you will get some idea of the importance your domain name will have. Registering your domain is an important part of protecting your business. You may have spent a lot of time and money building your reputation, corporate identity and brands and if you fail to register appropriate domains you are open to abuse of this intellectual property.
Your domain may be dictated by your business name, but already the reverse is becoming true with .com companies. Your domain name, not only reflects your business, the industry you are in and the country in which you operate, it is your customers’ first point of contact because it forms the basis of your email and web site addresses.
The key Features
- Your organization gets it own brand name recognized
- Your individual identity on the www.
- You are the master of your own domain and no one else.
You can freely sell your domain name or give sub domains
- You don’t have to be dependent on someone else for name
- You get a small and personalized name and not a long one.
- Registration of in the quickest time at the lowest prices
- Registration through the proper channel only.
- Domain name is registered in your name